The following House and Senate bills were endorsed by Veterans and Military Families for Progress in October, 2015
• H.R. 1313: Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Relief Act
Sponsor: Rep. Jerry McNerney [D-CA9]
• H.R. 1338: Dignified Interment of Our Veterans Act of 2015
(Rep. Shuster – PA 9th – R) Priority
• H.R. 1560: Protecting Cyber Networks Act
Sponsor: Rep. Devin Nunes [R-CA22]
• H.R. 1607: Ruth Moore Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep. Chellie Pingree [D-ME1] previously endorsed Changed to Priority
• H.R. 216: Department of Veterans Affairs Budget Planning Reform Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep. Corrine Brown [D-FL5]
• H.R. 2256: Veterans Information Modernization Act
Sponsor: Rep. Dan Benishek [R-MI1]
• H.R. 251: Homes for Heroes Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep. Al Green [D-TX9]
• H.R. 2691: Veterans’ Survivors Claims Processing Automation Act of 2015
(Rep. Ruiz – CA 36th – D).Priority
• H.R. 294: Long-Term Care Veterans Choice Act
Sponsor: Rep. Jeff Miller [R-FL1]
• H.R. 303: Retired Pay Restoration Act (Rep. Bilirakis – FL 12th – R)
• H.R. 3510: Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity Strategy Act of 2015
Sponsor: Rep. Cedric Richmond [D-LA2]
• H.R. 3849: To amend title 10, United States Code, to ensure access to qualified acupuncturist services for military members and military dependents, to amend title 38, United States Code, to ensure access to acupuncturist services through the Department.
Sponsor: Rep. Judy Chu [D-CA27]
• S.1203: 21st Century Veterans Benefits Delivery Act – Reported by Committee on Jul 22, 2015
waiting consideration from the House and floor vote by Senate.
Sponsor: Sen. Dean Heller
• S.1493: Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2015 –
Passed Senate on Oct 22, 2015. Is waiting House consideration.
Sponsor: Sen. Isakson Priority
• S. 2210: Veteran Partners’ Efforts to Enhance Reintegration Act.
Assigned to Senate Veterans Affairs Committee. No action taken.
Sponsor: Sen. Richard Blumenthal